A visit from Gardening Angels

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to share with you guys the wonderful thing that happened to me today. I had a visit from Natalie and her husband. Natalie knew I was down and couldn't do anything in my garden, so she packed her tools up and came to help me - and boy oh boy did she ever. She weeded my new herb garden and then moved out back to my really weedy veggie garden. You just can't ignore weeds during July, especially when we've had so much rain, but I just couldn't do anything about them - this Lyme garbage really is an energy drain. She weeded and weeded and weeded, I did manage to harvest the garlic and shallots, while she weeded and weeded - I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful gardening friend help me out.

Meanwhile, up in the front yard, her husband Bill and mine spent the afternoon scraping the moss and weeds out of the cracks of the brick walk and patio and spread fresh stone dust - Bill also lifted and reset several bricks that had sunk over a dry well! I was floored, I hadn't expected that at all. The whole walk looks wonderful, now I'll have to get the edger out and make sure the grass is well away from it, again, so it'll look good for a few more years! Keeping the weeds at bay is usually easier than this summer, but with all the rain and the weeks of inattention it had really gotten ahead of me.

Thank you, Natalie, and Bill, from the bottom of my heart!

tryingtohaveitall

Leafing Out
Reaction score
How wonderful! That just makes your day, doesn't it? Your garden looks great and you know you are loved. :)

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Reinbeau

They must be very special people but then you are too & you were in need! It certainly gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you hear wonderful things like this! :frow

:rose Hattie :rose

Farmer Kitty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yeah! A huge :thumbsup to Natalie and her husband for helping out a fellow member in need! :coolsun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is a wonderful blessing!!! I'm so very happy for you. You'll be out in the garden again soon though... so no worries, just enjoy the love and get out to harvest some good eats when you can. :hugs

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks. This site sure has some awesome people and I hope your feeling better.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My husband and I were very happy to help Ann and will continue to as long as she needs it.
I know how much she loves to garden and how tough it is to not be able to do it right now and just watch it get overun with weeds. So even though she couldn't enjoy working in the garden herself I hope that she can at least now enjoy walking through the vegetable garden to see everything growing and sitting on her porch and enjoying the beautiful herb garden she created without worrying about how much she has to do with it later.
Luckily our husbands also get along well so we had a nice day visiting and working at their house.
Ann also sent me home with some beautiful garlic and shallots that she harvested that day and I can't wait to cook them up.

Latest posts