A watched tomato

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
As yall know, I am new to gardening and this spring I had a lot of failures do to my own ignorance on the subject.

One of the things doing real well in my garden are my tomato plants. I am starting to get lots of tomatos now. One of them I have been watching since it was a little bitty fellow. It is now orange and getting ready to turn red. I have went out there every morning and about 10 times a day to check on that tomato. I dont know what kind it is because I didnt bother to inquire about that when I bought it. It looks like a little hanging butt. Can I say butt on this forum?

Anyway, I just thought it was cool to watch the process, thanks for letting me talk.

Mjd

Daydreamer

Sprout
Reaction score
I love reading your posts. Although I have had a couple gardens in my past and grown lots of tomatoes, I am new to Texas and this year is my first Texas garden. It is a whole lot different gardening in Texas instead of Washington state. So I learn from your questions and sympathize with your mistakes. I love your enthusiasm.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Daydreamer said:
I love reading your posts. Although I have had a couple gardens in my past and grown lots of tomatoes, I am new to Texas and this year is my first Texas garden. It is a whole lot different gardening in Texas instead of Washington state. So I learn from your questions and sympathize with your mistakes. I love your enthusiasm.
Ha, Thank You. You must be doin a lot of sympathasizing (sp?)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Texan said:
As yall know, I am new to gardening and this spring I had a lot of failures do to my own ignorance on the subject.

One of the things doing real well in my garden are my tomato plants. I am starting to get lots of tomatos now. One of them I have been watching since it was a little bitty fellow. It is now orange and getting ready to turn red. I have went out there every morning and about 10 times a day to check on that tomato. I dont know what kind it is because I didnt bother to inquire about that when I bought it. It looks like a little hanging butt. Can I say butt on this forum?

Anyway, I just thought it was cool to watch the process, thanks for letting me talk.

Mjd
Yep it is amazing to watch a green tomato turn red then to taste it......:drool
Sometimes tomatoes can remain green until the weather cools down a bit, i remember last year my tomatoes took a few weeks just to turn red.
But it was well worth the wait.
And yes you can say "butt"..... :gig

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... I know that feeling of watching... and watching.... and watching....

My tomatoes are all still green, I haven't see any color and I'm getting so impatient. Then again, I'm afraid the 'blight' is going to kill my chances at any ripe tomatoes this year at all. :hit

I can't wait to hear about your first big tomato harvest though!! You know I wish you the BEST luck you can have for the rest of the season!!!!

:clap

Latest posts