Adding On To My Shop

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A couple of INCHES of snow is a big deal here.
Texans handle snow a little better than the states east of you. If someone thinks they see a snowflake there, they go into panic mode. What is so crazy though, is when it gets slick, they still drive like their on dry pavement; 1 wreck after another after another.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Texans handle snow a little better than the states east of you. If someone thinks they see a snowflake there, they go into panic mode. What is so crazy though, is when it gets slick, they still drive like their on dry pavement; 1 wreck after another after another.
Uhhhhh...... no we don't......total dingbat idiots here. :weee

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Fridays progress.

To get the bubble insulation over the roof, I tied a string to a small block of wood, wrapped the end of the insulation around a 5' long 1/2" x 1 1/2", and c-clamped that to the other end of the string. I would throw the block over the building and then go up on top and pull the string up.

I used my flatbed trailer to work from to be able to reach better on that side of the building.

23.jpg
22.jpg
24.jpg

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Saturday.

I started today building a wall. I didn't want to be on the roof with frost on everything and the thermometer at 34*. I built it in 2 sections for easier handling.

First pic is how I start every day. Second is a brain fart I discovered when I laid out the pieces; The bottom plate needs to be 104 - 37.75 = 64.25 .

66.25 worked better in the third pic of the finished wall.

Got the roof finished and called it a day

26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
25.jpg

Latest posts