Adding On To My Shop

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is starting to look like a fine structure. It's great that you have the skills to do that almost all by yourself. I admire your motivation to keep going when I know the progress is slow when you're working alone.

Mary

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
34.jpg
30.jpg
29.jpg
32.jpg
That is starting to look like a fine structure. It's great that you have the skills to do that almost all by yourself.
Looking back, I almost wish I had done the roof myself just to say I did it. I only got the help because they offered to help.
I admire your motivation to keep going when I know the progress is slow when you're working alone.

Mary
Most days I do pretty good, but I was having trouble with that yesterday.

One of the things I did was put some metal on the long wall. First pic shows 2x6's holding the studs straight while I put metal on.

Second & third pics show how I held one end up of a 16' sheet of metal up while I lifted the other end and put a screw in. That is a bungee hook I saved from a broken bungee. I have a tin can with several of them. I don't throw anything away.

Fourth pic is a string with a weight to keep screws lined up.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes an extra set of hands makes a big difference in speed, two people could have had a lot of siding on compared to what one person can do by themselves, but there are little tricks you can use to make it a lot easier, like that bungee hook. It still takes time. And that weighted string to line the screws up only works if the stud is straight to start with and you actually install it vertical. That's a testament to your craftsmanship, you got the stud vertical so you could use that method.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks great Ridgerunner said in a nutshell it shows how good a builder your learning to be
quite the craftsman Great Job there

Latest posts