Adding On To My Shop

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I want a tiny house. Will you be my builder?

Mary
I'm not working too fast. You'd get tired of waiting for your house. :idunno

I made quite a bit of progress on the east wall. I worked from 3 am to 11 am yesterday and 4 am to 2 pm today before I had to make a short run.

The dark pic shows how I had the window opening framed wrong. It took about an hour to fix this one. I used my hammer drill and Tapcon bolts to anchor the wall to the concrete block wall under it. I moved the light switch to a temporary spot for now.

When I got back from work, I temporarily fastened some tin over the doorway and stuck in the walk door. I was wore out and called it a day.
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg
64.jpg

Reactions: pjn

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking very good, Freedhardwoods!

Windows can be tricky. My first attempt, I misread the blueprint and made the window opening finished window size rather than rough opening size. My dad came out just as I was finishing the corrected window opening.

I showed him my mistake calling the unusable header a step down into the sunken living room. After laughing at me, he set about to make the second window. When we put it into the wall we found he had made the same mistake -- finished size rather than rough opening size. Guess who was laughing then as I placed the header he had made as a step up and out of the living room at the other end.

Spouse was able to enjoy laughing at both of us once he got home from work and together we raised the finished wall.

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday I started working on the shop at 2:30 am. Went to work for a couple hours at 7 am, took an hour for lunch,and worked on the shop til 6 pm. There is still a full day of work to build and cover the left upper wall and finish up the several details on the outside, but I was able to lock up a full size shop instead of a half of one. :ya

Now I don't have to drag out and put away tools every time I work on it. :ya

65.jpg
66.jpg

Last edited:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It looks very good to be. So glad you don't have to put away tools after each day. That sure helps a lot and feels so good. Just keep plugging away. Before you know it, it will be finished.

Mary

Latest posts