adult child moving home

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
our daughter is 34 & has just finished her PhD residency in Atlanta. she and her husband both are forensic psychologists. they have lived all over the country for the last ten years getting their education. they are moving back to Texas next week. they hope to find work in Austin. while they're here, she will stay with us & her hubby will stay w/his mom on the other side of the metroplex. strange arrangement, but that's how they like it. He's a city boy & all this country living bores him to death.
i'm so excited to have her here for awhile. for all the time she was in the Coast Guard, then married & off to school - she hasn't lived near home for about 15 yrs. Our son was killed ten years ago & she's our only one left. no grandbabies yet. maybe one day. the best thing though is no more hard good-byes for awhile - maybe for good! even if they live in Austin - that's just a couple hours away - not across the country.

it will be so great to have her here for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. We usually would get to see her twice a year, never on Thanksgiving. it's just going to be great!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's wonderful BJ! Looks like happy times ahead for you and yours! There's nothing like having family close by. We have our two sons
here close. Every other family member on both sides are several states away.

Enjoy every second of it!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup

It'll all be good I'm sure. 'cep'n the son in law oughta learn the pleasures of country life instead of being bored by it. Tell him I said so. Even super sophisticated James Bond enjoys the countryside while he's being chased down a mountain on skis!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Proud and pleased as punch!

That is the way a Momma should be :p!

DD should enjoy being around as she's not a giddy girl anymore. PhD? What an accomplishment :cool:! Yay! For her and her family!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so happy that your daughter will be staying with you for awhile. Even better than that, she will be living close to you! Here's hoping for grandbabies! :fl (better get your DSIL to stay at your house too!) :lol:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sound wonderful. You must be so proud. I hope they find work very soon and near to both parents! Enjoy her while she is there. Hugs...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's great news! I think families should live near their parents -- grandparents can be such an important part of children's lives if they are close enough to know them.

Whatever the age, our babies are our babies and having them live near -- or with -- you will be wonderful for you both.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aw, that's great bj! Glad to hear her path brought her back around to home. :) I'm sure one day she will be very thankful to have you nearby to babysit!

Latest posts