Aerogarden part 3 - basil, salad and the tea kit 12/07/10

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have 3 set up right now and the other 3 still boxed in the back of the closet. The older kits seem to take a bit longer to sprout but the newer kits shoot up right away. I love these things and am saving up for the aerogarden extra elite http://www.aerogarden.com/aerogarden-extra-elite-88.html

The beans were doing great but we killed them off and wanted something new. That was before I found room to put a new aerogarden. I will be doing beans again another day :)

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here are some new pics. The basil ,it is starting to get true leaves. I keep sliding my finger over to get the basil smell on my hand. They smell great!! The salad greens are shooting up like a weed. no true leaves yet. 2 out of 3 tomato pods have seedlings. The 3rd one has a sprout but the seedling is not up 4 enough.

here is a eye view of the basil
1127001136.jpg

aerial view of the salad
1127001136a.jpg

and 2 shots of the tomato pods
1127001137.jpg

1127001137a.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, it seems like those seeds germinate really fast! In my opinion, there is nothing that smells better than basil! It is like perfume to me! Can't wait to hear how it tastes!

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Sorry I have not updated you guys on this. 3 of our fosters escaped on the 30th and we got 2 back yesterday and the 3rd one who is the shyest came home on his own. we are so relieved to have them back.

So here is the update. I am done with the tomatoes. This is the second time I tried only to fail. It could be my fault for some odd reason but other people have had success where I just suck lol. I called aerogarden for my third replacement and got to talk to a guy named "Chris". He is the guy aerogrowers recommend and with no questions asked sent me a different kit of my choice (I chose the tea kit). The salad greens and basil kit are taking off well though. snapped some pics for you.

Here is the Salad greens. See how fast its growing?
1202000840.jpg

Next is the basil. I think in a couple more weeks I will be able to take a few leaves to sample :D

1202000840b.jpg

1202000840a.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Phew! You saved me- I thought I was going to have buy an aerogarden to grow tomatoes!! I think going with the greens and herbs will be perfect. The tea kit should be interesting, too. Certainly seems like the company is easy and fair to deal with! Keep on growing!

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The company cares about their customers and please dont think I am racist for saying this but the company and customer service is form America so you can understand what they are saying. They have so many seed kits. Chris wanted pictures and told me he was going to send them to the lab and figure out what the problem is. I gave him my number and asked him to call me after he knows what the problem was. So hopefully they can make the seeds or pods or the nutrients better. That's the only seed kit I had a problem with. Here is what the tea kit comes with... Bergamot (tall), peppermint (med), lemon balm (short) and lemon mint (short) seed pods.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! I see salad in your very near future! They are really looking great!

hypnofrogstevie

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hey guys here is another update. I tried some of the lemon basil yesterday. Popped a leaf into my mouth and WOW was it good. Taste almost like a yellow fruit loop. Salad is getting greener and the tea kit came in today. Here is some pics for you guys :)

Here is the basil coming in fuller :)
1207001543.jpg

As well as the salad
1207001544.jpg

And the tea kit which I cannot wait to try!
1207001544a.jpg