After 3 Trips to the Flea Market.......

AnnaRaven

Leafing Out
Reaction score
EE's apparently take a long time to sex. Don't know about the Ameracaunas though. Hope you're right. Do you have plans for what you're going to do with the roos yet?

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Wow, Boggy...you got alot of them! You are gonna love them! Do they have names yet?

Mary
Hey Mary,
Babygirl has named all of them.They are........

Clud Cleo
Domino Soarin
Tiny Nadine
Nugget Jimmie
David Andie

I will be surprised, though, if all the names "stick". As we were getting sleepy, last night, she was, already, talking about changing one or two of the names.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
EE's apparently take a long time to sex. Don't know about the Ameracaunas though. Hope you're right. Do you have plans for what you're going to do with the roos yet?
Hi Anna,

First.....Welcome to the best group of folks, lumped together in a forum, on the net.

Most likely, excess roos will end up on "Craigslist".

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
ninnymary said:
Wow, Boggy...you got alot of them! You are gonna love them! Do they have names yet?

Mary
Hey Mary,

Clud Cleo
Domino Soarin
Tiny Nadine
Nugget Jimmie
David Andie

I will be surprised, though, if all the names "stick". As we were getting sleepy, last night, she was, already, talking about changing one or two of the names.
:frow :frow

Congratulations to you both.....What a great way to celebrate the New Year......!!

I am very amused by the names........ :lol: :lol: :gig

Yesterday I had my first egg of the year from one of my hens (my Cleo actually)since they went off-lay weeks ago.

Happy New Year everyone!

:celebrate Hattie :celebrate

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
boggybranch said:
ninnymary said:

Mary
Hey Mary,

Clud Cleo
Domino Soarin
Tiny Nadine
Nugget Jimmie
David Andie

:frow :frow

Congratulations to you both.....What a great way to celebrate the New Year......!!

I am very amused by the names........ :lol: :lol: :gig

Yesterday I had my first egg of the year from one of my hens (my Cleo actually)since they went off-lay weeks ago.

Happy New Year everyone!

:celebrate Hattie :celebrate
LOL Actually, I named two of the chicks......couldn't help myself.

Glad to hear about the egg. Bet it was a surprise...with all the record-breaking low temps ya'll have been having.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boggy...that's alot of male names. Hope you end up with girls with boy names. :D

What happened to good ole fashioned names like "Ruby"? :rolleyes:

Mary

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Boggy...that's alot of male names. Hope you end up with girls with boy names. :D

What happened to good ole fashioned names like "Ruby"? :rolleyes:

Mary
Hahahahaha....Gotta go with what Babygirl comes up with. Don't think she EVEN thought about "gender" when she pulled their names outta her noggin.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
But, she named one after her MawMaw...."Jimmie", one after her PawPaw....."David" and one after herself...."Andie". Think it was her, wanting in her own little way, for the three of us to be together, again.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
you are probably right about the RIR/BR pullets being black and the cockerels being red. i have a Marans X Faverolles roo that has the cuckoo/barred pattern and i was told that the hens hatched from the same mating would have been black since they would have been sex linked. the roos would get the pattern while the hens would get the solid color! (but don't quote me on this! :lol: )

i had an EE hen by the name of Sammie! you could always go with some neutral sounding names for a few! i also have a roo named Sunny and his son named Sunshine!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
But, she named one after her MawMaw...."Jimmie", one after her PawPaw....."David" and one after herself...."Andie". Think it was her, wanting in her own little way, for the three of us to be together, again.
My grandpa had a strict rule for us kids. Never name a barnyard animal. He used to say,"Once you name 'em you cain't eat 'em".

Latest posts