After all my hard work!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had a little over a week worth of rainy weather a couple of weeks ago. Everything was growing like crazy and every couple of days I would visit my garden to see how it's going. Day before yesterday I went out after doing the evening chores and found a LOT of my new little baby tomatoes had a munch in them! :rant So I went on the look-out for the culprit(s) and found tomato fruit worms. Lots of them. Now, I do all I can to avoid the use of pesticides but this was really too much - so yesterday morning before my "photoshoot" I broke out the triazicide (bees don't bother tomatoes too much so I only sprayed them) and took care of business. Just so you get an idea of the magnitude of infestation, check out these pics - they were taken of the ground on 1 side of 1 plant. Look close at the second pic and you can see even more:

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296-1.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I'd so be freaking out!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
beefy said:
no chickens?
Good point!
I would freak out if my garden soil cracked open like that!
I would think Earthquake or the end of time.
The chickens would eat everything BUT the bugs. Been there, done that so no birds allowed.

Don't let that ugly cracked soil fool you - it just has so much clay that it swells and shrinks so when it dries even just a bit (poke your finger down an inch and it's almost mud) it cracks. Now, in the middle of August we get total CRATERS from the cracks in the ground. SO ugly.

Anyway, look at my maters now:

IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice!
I thought it was caused by clay, but here all i see is sand!
The tor-a -matos' are looking great. They look very happy now!

I need to take a picture of mine, you think the other post was funny wait till I post my fine plants!