After Death

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters you keep on doing what makes you happy. Life is too short to let others dictate their beliefs to you. Just tell 'em :tongue

We are having a blast here on our 8 acres. We enjoy our sheep, horses, chickens, garden, dogs and yesterday-we got Muscovy ducks! I don't care if anyone else likes it or not, it's what we want to do. :thumbsup

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@canesisters Have to agree with @baymule. As long as it hurts no one, makes you happy, forget them. They don't understand the value of fresh milk, fresh eggs, fresh beef or fresh garden produce. What I find interesting, is they will brag up sauces put on their foods. The reasons for sauces, to hide the taste of rotten food. While I can appreciate a good sauce, give me fresh food.

While I miss fresh milk & dairy products, not enough to be married to a stinking cow....

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My yardbirds have a lovely free range life right up to the time they go to freezer camp. I am hoping to find some cheap meat even if it is on the hoof. I am confident in my abilities to butcher. DH passed up a roadkill deer a few months ago. He was driving and I was having a fit. Thirty minutes later on our return trip it was gone. Meat is meat, is meat! :hitI still hate that we missed out on that free meat!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
The problem with road kill deer is that unless you are the one that hit it (or see it hit) you can't be really sure how long it has been there. Also, I've been told that often there is so much tissue damage that most of it is beyond salvage.
A friend hit a deer on the way to bible study one night. The moment she walked in the door she had one of the ladies call her husband to go get it. It wasn't 5 mins away. By the time he rushed up there - there were 2 other guys fighting over it. geesh!

Do you like rabbit or goat? Both are fairly cheap to get and quick to grow up.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL.
I learned a long time ago not to envy anyone's life - what they allow the world to see is seldom anywhere even close to the whole story.
I totally agree with that. Just one example. My wife is fairly slender, she actually has to make herself eat enough to keep her weight up. Several people have said they wish they had a body that looked like her's. If they knew the pain she goes through with her digestive system and how limited her diet is they would change their minds pretty quickly.

What was that Beatles song about a man that appeared to have the perfect life and committed suicide because he was so miserable? I should be able to remember but can't manage it this morning.

I've had people talk to me about me butchering my chickens. I tell them my chickens have a great life, scratching in all kinds of things, chasing and catching all kinds of creepy crawlies, and pretty much living the life a chicken wants to live. Then one day they have a very bad moment. That is a very short moment.

Latest posts