AGH! Bee sting

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't been stung in a LONG time. MAN, this is painful!!!!

What can I put on it?

And before you ask.... it just like dive bombed my arm while I was standing out in the yard, which is weird for a bee. I had to pull the stinger as it left it behind, but I tried to 'rub' it out as not to pinch it and add more poison. I don't think it helped much from the pain I still feel in my elbow.

Finally a sunny day, and I'm outside like 5 minutes. :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just iced it down.

Here may be a good spot to write. I have a bee question now... as now I'm concerned.

The bees have been acting very oddly. No bee sting stops me from going out in the garden and doing my chores while I have sun. What I've been noticing is lots of off balance and dead bees, lately. When I went back out, I counted 5 bees just dead on the ground in the garden. One landed on a flower and then just fell off on the ground. It had to flip itself over and correct itself, but then it flew off.

Do you think someone just sprayed a bunch of pesticides recently? These aren't honey bees by the way I've seen (not yet anyways) these are those bumblebees. I know workers only live a number of weeks, and my garden is pretty busy with them. I wouldn't say I've seen a decline. Any ideas, should I worry?!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
V, I go "anti!"

Antihistamines and anti-inflammatories.

It has been the only time I've take anti-inflammatories in recent years. Took a long nap, too! DW had said if I was stung by 2 bees, it would kill me. Ha! Stung on both arms. Didn't even have to go to the ER!

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
have have the decline in bees as well over the past few years, going have to say it's because of the subdivision that was built behind us...
but the bumbles are working over time here as well, even seen a few mason bees.

i feel your pain v being sting sucks. got stung the other year by a white face hornet right in the tear duct of the eye it swoll up in a matter of minutes and had to go to the hospital.
it was like being punched in the eye and could not see out of it..

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
But it was a honey bee that stung you? Sounds like it was a lot more powerful than usual, too. You have my sympathy.
Most of the bees I see around here are smallish bumble bees, or tiny little black bees, like sweat bees. Do you know anyone nearby with bee hives? It would be interesting to see if theirs are still healthy.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Instand meat tenderizer , made into a paste with water, will take the sting away immediately. My 5 year old grandson was wailing from a wasp sting until I remembered the secret. No more pain!

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All these things may work but I know this one does and works quickly to remove the burn: Toothpaste. An old beekeeper told me to always keep a tube of plain old white mint toothpaste in my bee toolbox and to rub just a dab on once you get the stinger out. Works every time and within just a minute or so the pain almost disappears completely. I'm lucky because I don't have a severe reaction to stings but they do hurt but I promise you that toothpaste will do the trick.

Latest posts