All that extra fruit... what to do?!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Shhhh... those are not packed in light syrup!

14084_fruit_liquors1.jpg

:gig

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Are those peels on your apples??? What do you use them for after they are canned? Everything looks great!!!

g

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well actually... you're not going to want the fruit out of these jars after they sit in the cabinet for 2-3 months. :throw

These are all packed in vodka. I'm making schnapps out of my most of the fruit. I have lemon peel jarred up too for lemoncello later on.

I'll be straining the vodka and tossing the fruit... I just want the flavors from everything so I leave the skin and seeds in. No big deal.

I will bottle everything up to give as gifts for christmas. :coolsun

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'll eat those apples!!!! :woot Sounds great. I have a friend who does Lemon Cello as well. yum!! :drool

g

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
And they're pretty too! Do you have to keep them in the dark or can they sit out on the counter?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
journey11 said:
And they're pretty too! Do you have to keep them in the dark or can they sit out on the counter?
In a dark cool place... sun and light can wreck the process.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You've given me hope!! I feel like the "little red hen"--too much to harvest and not enought help!!! :rant
NOW, I'm gonna take those bunches of peaches and apples and core, peel and just cut in half, like you did.
Looks so yummy...think of January, when you open up all of that yumminess! **sigh**