Almost a farmer in Maine :)

Gaz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am in Maine and working to turn a run down property into a family farm. We are really just experimenting with growing our own food - we don't have green thumbs so its a steep learning curve. However we love to share what we learn :)

Gaz
www.almostafarmer.com

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us! We're a fairly small friendly group really spread out, even an Australian occasionally checks in. We may joke around with each other but can get real serious when it comes to gardening. From your link it looks like you could fit in really well. You obviously fulfill one requirement, all forum members have cute kids or grandkids.

Hope you stick around.

Gaz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lol..thanks. I am an Aussie in Maine with cute kids (or at least I think so)...so I guess I tick all the boxes.

I want to learn learn learn...but want to share as well as we try out new things.

Thanks for the nice welcome!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from north Idaho Gaz! :frow
Our growing seasons are probably pretty comparable, I figure I have about 100 days in a good year of prime growth, and if I can dodge those September frosts can squeak a few more weeks out in the fall.
Good to have you join us! We have a few other members gardening in Maine also.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Gaz. I love your blog and the story you have to share. Glad you joined us and I think you will fit right in. It is a great group of nice, friendly, knowledgable people that we have here that are always willing to help others.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Glad to have you join our gardening gang. :welcome

As ridgerunner said, we are serious gardeners who are not afraid to have fun with each other here. We love hints and tips and new gardening techniques and sharing what we've learned ALMOST AS MUCH AS WE LOVE :thumbsup PICTURES.:thumbsup Lots and lots of pictures to make our friends here feel almost like neighbors.

I hope you enjoy it here and stop by often.:love

Latest posts