Almost done-pics of my mini greenhouse

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Still need to put bricks in walkway and rear windows in but I did plant my tomatoe's that i started in Feb and I think they are happy to be in the earth :celebrate. DH and I are not builders of any kind, but we have had fun :woot . 99% of the wood is recycled from pallets, so while I will have to tweak it here and there I'm sure, overall I'm pleased, especially since total cost including bricks and plastic 130.00 (thanks to craigslist, and DH getting pallets from work for free). :rainbow-sun .

5005_greenhouse.jpg

5005_tomatoe_starts2.jpg

5005_100_1511.jpg

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Very cool! Made me laugh to see the chairs in there. If I had chairs in a greenhouse where I live (SC), I might melt sitting in there this time of year. I've been thinking about building a craigslist greenhouse for growing through the winter, thanks for the inspiration!

Svenja

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh hooray! You should be so proud, it looks wonderful. AND your tomatoes look happy. You will probably be one of the earliest in CO to get tomatoes this year. :D

Update when you lay the brick, I would LOVE to see it.

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thnkyou. I just came in from the greenhouse it is 52 deg inside, which is great since it is 31 with 3 inches of snow on the ground :barnie Colorado is nothing if not unpredictable. So as to the heat factor and growing tomatoes in there all summer---- It got up to 90 in there yesterday while finishing up and the sun was out, so will put in the two windows but we are also planning on putting our old swamp cooler in so hopefully that will keep it cool enough when it really heats up here and the added humidity is always a plus here. This is a experiment for this year to figure out just how we want to use this space. Right now I am going to take my cup of coffe out there and enjoy watching the snow which is starting to fall again while enjoying my tomatoe plants, if anything it may just be a really good help for the cabin fever which sets in about the end of January, if I can start lettuce and such in there, any excuse to get my hands in the dirt a bit sooner :tools :watering = :rainbow-sun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh sitting out with a cup of coffee sounds wonderful!!! I wish I would join ya. ;)

Its going to be 90 degrees here again today.... I will go take care of the chickens and ducks in minute... then staying in the A/C for the rest of the day. (Gave the plants a good soaking last night already)

Latest posts