Aloha

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see you made it over here to TEG! Welcome, this is a great gardening forum, full of friendly people. Please put your location in your avatar, it makes it easier to know where people are. Gardening advice varies from climate to climate! How exciting for us, especially those buried under snow to have you to talk to! Here in Texas, it gets so hot during the summer that some things go dormant or just give up and die. LOL Every garden has it's challenges.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There have been more earthquakes lately and I did feel the one when Kilauea started up again in Hale Maumau caldera, although that one wasn't as strong as one which had been several days earlier. We're about seventy miles from Volcano National Park, though, so that's why we didn't feet it very much. Also why we haven't gone over to look at it. I suppose we should, but I've heard there's long lines to get in.

i've always been facinated by volcanoes and really watched those videos the big vent eruption that happened not too long ago. i'm pretty sure that if i visited HI i'd end up falling in a volcano or doing some other klutzy thing. i'd also probably never leave.

BTW can you please update your profile to indicate your general location? it helps when seeing someone comment on something to have an idea of what is going on. :) you can find the Location field in the Account details if you right click on your handle name. :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've traveled to the Big Island twice. I loved seeing the changes in the Volcano in those 15 years. A friend from OR, (where I live) packed up and moved to HI. Bought a nice place, with outbuildings, orchards, coffee, etc. Two years after settling in, her whole place was overrun by lava. Poof...gone. She lost everything. Still lives on HI, and starting over at age 70.

Latest posts