already?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've bought from Richter's before and was satisfied. i'll admit the shipping for plants was expensive, seeds weren't as bad on the shipping. i haven't seen the FedCo Seeds catalog come my direction, i did get their tree catalog this year! though i don't have anymore room for fruit trees at the moment :( i'll eventually thin out some of the maples and aspen trees so i can expand my future projects and garden area. :p

anyone ever heard of Turtle Tree Seeds? i picked up a small catalog i saw while at the farmer's market last weekend.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've bought from Richter's before and was satisfied. i'll admit the shipping for plants was expensive, seeds weren't as bad on the shipping. i haven't seen the FedCo Seeds catalog come my direction, i did get their tree catalog this year! though i don't have anymore room for fruit trees at the moment :( i'll eventually thin out some of the maples and aspen trees so i can expand my future projects and garden area. :p

anyone ever heard of Turtle Tree Seeds? i picked up a small catalog i saw while at the farmer's market last weekend.
Chickie, you still have farmers' markets in your area this late in the season? The markets around here all close up in October. Or maybe it was a "brick & mortar" store that sells produce...? (why does the ampersand (&) look weird?):hu

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
At our old house we grew persimmons and could pick them off the tree in the middle of winter. The fruit was frozen, kind of like a sweet sherbert flavor. They can hang on the tree for a long time. Salsify leaves can be harvested as a winter green.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can't find the ampersand on this tablet but yours looks ok, So Lucky. Ha! This thing is killing me! Now what was that idea about using a tablet instead of a paper catalog??

Some communities have 12 month indoor markets. Can't be much fresh vegetables and fruits there now tho'.

Steve
Edited SeedO has persimmon s and salsify in his booth!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well with how cold this winter has been my salsify isn't doing as great as I'd like it to. Zone 5 is the minimum for persimmons, although with the whole global warming deal it can probably be grown in zone 4 now.

The ampersand does look weird, almost extra-terrestrial. Seriously, if you look at it, it looks like a conjoined "E" and"t."

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
&&&

Oh yeah! But, I like that!

Just change font to Book Antique &&
Or, for you dyed in the wool types: Times New Roman &&&

All in favor of Persimmons - yep, buy them by the bagful in December every year!

Steve, uh & Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie, you still have farmers' markets in your area this late in the season? The markets around here all close up in October. Or maybe it was a "brick & mortar" store that sells produce...? (why does the ampersand (&) look weird?):hu
yep! we have 'winter' farmer's markets. mostly farms that sell maple syrup, meats, eggs, fresh milk from either cow or mostly goat milk, winter time veggies like carrots, potatoes, winter squash and lots of apples (i'm waiting to find those Blushing Golden i got last year)! there are a few vendors that sell tea, coffee, chocolates and baked goods too. it seems they hold the winter market at 2 locations on the seacoast, Wentworth Greenhouse (which is a HUGE place), and Exeter High School down the street where i now work, i haven't been to the one at the HS so i don't know how large that is. they only do these on the weekends. during summer we have a lot more locations set up for market spaces. wish my home town could do one, we have a place they could do it. :/ don't know why they wouldn't take advantage of using that indoor space.

Smithyard Farm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
O gosh! with Christmas an all I forgot... are they up and running yet? we have one in concord and one in tilton that we frequent. Baked goods soups and meat from local farms too! yum!

Latest posts