AMKuska's 2023 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sort of, its this seed packet: https://www.highmowingseeds.com/organic-non-gmo-dmr-salad-blend.html

It's a blend of different lettuces for color and flavor. I'm planning to save the seeds this year as my daughter has been nibbling away on the lettuce leaves before I can even get it planted. Since she's not big on leaf vegetables I take it as a good sign that this is the lettuce for me.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sort of, its this seed packet: https://www.highmowingseeds.com/organic-non-gmo-dmr-salad-blend.html

It's a blend of different lettuces for color and flavor. I'm planning to save the seeds this year as my daughter has been nibbling away on the lettuce leaves before I can even get it planted. Since she's not big on leaf vegetables I take it as a good sign that this is the lettuce for me.
Sounds like a keeper for sure. One of my current favourite lettuce is one that I refer to as either 'Red and Green Beauty', or Pacific N.W. Seeds Red and Green lettuce. It came from a mixed pack, and it is a stunner. I have saved seed from that one, after it overwintered without any protection. Knowing the name is less important to me than knowing that it is a garden rock star.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a keeper for sure. One of my current favourite lettuce is one that I refer to as either 'Red and Green Beauty', or Pacific N.W. Seeds Red and Green lettuce. It came from a mixed pack, and it is a stunner. I have saved seed from that one, after it overwintered without any protection. Knowing the name is less important to me than knowing that it is a garden rock star.
I'm probably going to try and save seed from it as it is open pollinated, and really quite beautiful.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted the lettuce and the nappas today. I felt really good looking at the row of lettuce. There's definitely enough for all our leafy green needs until the season is over. We don't eat salads very often, but use a lot of lettuce in burritos, tostadas, tacos, in sandwiches, etc.

It will be interesting to see if there's enough cabbage. My husband uses a lot to make kim chi, but we also use cabbage in a lot of other foods. I don't think it will be quite enough. We'll see!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
sunlight? What's that??:he
Here’s sunlight for you! Filtered by heavy fog for that soft candlelight glow.

41023504-F167-4A6E-A663-2DC3B37271E3.jpeg

Latest posts