Anaheim Peppers

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Do any of you grow them? If so where do you get your seeds? So far my search for seeds has turned up zilch.
Thanks
Nancy

RedClayGardener

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got mine from Burpee in a hot pepper seed pack. The pack only produced one anaheim plant though. I don't know if you can buy just a pack of anaheim seeds. Do you stuff them?

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have never grown them but one of my favorite things is Chili Rellenos and I under stand they are most widely used for that. I can find all kinds of recipes for Chili Rellenos though. I will re check Burpee.

Thanks
Nancy

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We have six plants producing peppers here. We use them for chili rellenos as well as adding to scrambled eggs, chili and other stuff. We got them as starts from the local nursery. I guess I could save seeds for you if you want me to.

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Bluerose, that is very kind of you and if it would not be too much trouble for you to do so, that would be great.

Chili Rellenos is my favorite thing to order at Mexican Restaurants, so I am very interested in making them at home. I also think that fresh peppers in scrambled eggs and added to homemade chili would be very tasty.

I have never seen anything here but cayene, bannana, and jalapinos at the markets here.

Nancy

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have them too. They make great salsa as well as adding them to pizza. I found mine at Walmart in the spring but plan on doing more than one plant next year. I can also send you seeds if you would like.

Hobby

rockytopsis

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That would be great, I can always give some to my garden buddy here. We share our gardens with each other.

I will have hopefully okra seeds that he came up with 20 years ago and has keept it going. I also hopefully will have pepper seeds that look sort of like cayene but is not hot. The pepper plants got blown over but are still alive and I am just leaving as is because I am afraid that if I try to right them they will break.

Nancy

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Might have some okra seeds too from last year. I will try and remember to send you a few poblano seeds with them. PM me your info and I will mail them your direction.

I am looking for spagetti squash if anyone has some.