Another Trailer

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That one, less than 100#. Keep looking....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It should have a decal on the tongue somewhere that would show the weight limit of the trailer if it has not been modified in any way. That trailer looks to be in good shape and sturdy, but I have no first hand knowledge of that brand or its capabilities, though I have always heard great things about all the Wheel Horse products.

From what I'm finding on the WH brand, that trailer is a real steal for that price if one were a collector...looks to be in great shape for the age of it. I'd do a little research on that size and style of WH trailer and see what they are capable of...they have a whole forum dedicated to WH tractors and implements, so you could possibly talk to those folks.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/35274-wheel-horse-trailer/

http://www.wheelhorsecc.com/

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tires will only hold so much weight. Notice it says tires need bead re-sealed. Go with caution as that could be--tires shot (will cost you more than trailer to replace); rims shot (see tires shot); and/or tires dismounted, use of sealing agent, replaced.

That is basically a wheel barrow with a tongue. Nothing wrong with that but not meant for heavy loads.

Any trailer for heavy loads will come with title that spells out everything. If it doesn't need plates, it's either not road legal or not meant for loads/speed.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My general opinion has already been offered. The trailer is intended for small work around the farm/yard. I suspect the hitch shown was welded on at a later date. The original tongue probably had a pin for attachment.

Better shape than the first trailer (and smaller), but not able to handle roads or loads as you want.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
JMHO, if you want a road worthy trailer, SKIP CL. Go buy a new designed for what you want. The peace of mind when you haul things legally and not worrying about wiring, repairs is PRICELESS. You will only think about the money, the day you cut the check. If you don't use much, rent. Let agency do paperwork/repairs.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
JMHO, if you want a road worthy trailer, SKIP CL. Go buy a new designed for what you want. The peace of mind when you haul things legally and not worrying about wiring, repairs is PRICELESS. You will only think about the money, the day you cut the check. If you don't use much, rent. Let agency do paperwork/repairs.
Amen.........

Latest posts