Any daylily..........

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,
i'm looking for any daylily or perenial flower for trade?

Thanks!!

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Greenthumb ,
Where are you located.I can send you some day lilies and other perennial bulbs...I'm in Ohio,but could mail them to you .

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Sunbury chick :),

i wrote you an email but i dont know if you got it.

Yes i'm interested in the daylilies and perennial bulbs what colors or varieties do you have of them??

I'm in zone 6 buts its getting a little warmer so hopefully i can plant them quickly if you want to trade.

Thanks talk to you tomorrow ;)!!

Michael

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Greenthumb,

I have a problem.The ground is frozen now,I can't dig the bulbs.We're suppose to have snow tonight. I will be more than happy to send you the day lilies and bulbs in the spring.I didn't even think about the weather when I told you I'd send you some.I have alot of stuff I can divide.I can't even think of anything I don't have ,so don't worry about trading me... I'll post pics of some of my gardens.Are you just starting out?
100_2205-2.jpg

100_2037.jpg

100_2208-1.jpg

[
3a7593b9.jpg

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:)

Hi sunbury chick,

oh ok no problem, i actually had the same problem this week i'm trying to plant spring bulbs, this week looks like it will be warm enough at least above freezing. I must say the pictures of your garden are breathtaking and beautiful!! Great Job!!!!;)
Does that lake/pond have any fish or pond life?, you should get some if you dont. I have a small 250 gallon pond with koi, goldfish, and next spring i'm going to probably get some crayfish, bluegill fish, and maybe some tadpoles and snails and others.
No, i'm not just starting out i've been gardening for about 13 years, i'm 18 and i'm hooked on gardening for life.

Thanks!!
Talk to you later!
Bye

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Greenthumb,
I'm glad to hear you are so into gardening.That's something most kids your age don't do.I love gardening and nature too. You asked if we have fish in the pond.Yes, too many.We have koi and catfish.Some of the koi are over 20 inches long now.They were tiny just 3 years ago.( only had a few then)They have multiplied so fast. They muddy up the water,spawning. We really should have stone brought in and dumped around the edges of the pond,but they would tear up my garden beds,plus it would cost us a fortune. We also have a lot of bass, croppie,bluegill,and frogs and turtles(some whoppers!)
I will be more than happy to send plant material in the spring.I have a lot of hosta,ferns,day lilies(stella de oro) red daylilies,loosestrife,gay feather,daisies,ornamental grasses,cone flowers(yellow & pink)creeping thyme,etc.I'll be more than happy to divide them and share with you....What state do you live in? Sunbury Chick(old hen)Ohio
P.S. just let me know what you want.I didn't list all the plants,it would take forever.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Sunbury chick,

Wow you have nice big koi, hopefully oneday i can get a pond bigger than 250 gallons. Yep those koi grow quick, do you have any problems with predators i've been having a very bad year with the pond, raccoons seem to tear it up. I only have 2 goldfish left out of 10 or so fish. I live in NY.

Thanks for offering me plant material in spring What i'm looking for are Iris, maybe bulbs of some sort, and fruits, i might be interested in others.
This spring i'll have lots of tropical fruits to trade if you want.

Latest posts