Any good blueberry Jelly - Jam - Preserve Recipes?

Friend of my son called yesterday, they just moved into a new house this past spring, Backyard full of blueberry bush's, told us to come get what we wanted........sooooo Saturday my wife and one of her many sisters are going to get some. Hoping to be able to put some up while we're canning this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
freeze some whole so you can use them in muffins this winter. :) we double bag them.

i think any standard blueberry jam recipe is good, but i like to add extra lemon juice to it because i like things on the tart side.

you can also put up pie filling or freezer jam, but i've never tried blueberry freezer jam myself, instead we make fresh blueberry pies and eat them on other things (cereal :) ).

the fresh blueberry pie filling is basically a treaclelike filling (sugar, flour, water) and i could just sit and eat that by itself... it works very well with strawberries and other fruits too and nice when you don't want to run the oven as it can be done via microwave.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friend of my son called yesterday, they just moved into a new house this past spring, Backyard full of blueberry bush's, told us to come get what we wanted........sooooo Saturday my wife and one of her many sisters are going to get some. Hoping to be able to put some up while were canning this weekend.

What pectin do you use? Does it come with recipes? If it is a Kraft pectin you should be able to find a blueberry jam recipe on their website or you can call them and chat. Or do you not use pectin?

If you don't get enough for a full recipe you can freeze them until you can go back and get more.

Latest posts