Any interest? Trumpet vine seeds

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I know its late in the season, but I thought I'd see if there is any interest in my trumpet vine seeds? I have red and yellow available.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have like 1/4 of an acre of the red ones if you want them... I personally have been trying to dig them up and burn them out for months! Pretty but hard to control.

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
No, I don't want any. Last year I swapped seeds on here, and am wondering if anyone else wants some.....?

:weight

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They can be if planted near water.... gives them an extra boost. I see people control them just fine around arbors and such. Mine are on my pond. They are pretty though!

I have the red/orange (flame?) ones... I saw you had the red and yellow... didn't know if you just wanted anymore. Its ok!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would be happy to have some, but I don't know if I have any thing you'd want to trade. I have scarlet runner beans, that's about it for this time of year. Or I could just send you $$.

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
beavis said:
Are they really that invasive?
they were left go for years before i moved here, they went all up the side of the house and into the attic vent. I have ripped them down two years but the base was about 5" diameter, we took a chain saw and cut it down to the ground but I know next year it will be right back.

justinszoo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I would love to get some if you still have any available. Just let me know what you want for them. I don't have anything to offer as a trade.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think the trumpet vine is beautiful but I saw a vicious rant on Craig,s list about planting it in Louisiana as it is so invasive. I guess it is like the elephant ear but worse.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
like the elephant ear huh...hehehe up here where bluebird and I live-zone5- elephant ears need to be dug up every winter and stored until after frost and replanted...just goes to show huh?
Now these trumpet vines are aggressive/invasive some places. Heck here in Indiana they grow very very well and will spread somewhat aggressivly.
I think it great you think/worry and ask before you get and plant.
Can't go wrong with researching your specifics...part of the fun!

Latest posts