Any secrets for aching back?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friday I got a truck load of horse manure delievered to my house. Sun my day off I topdressed all my trees with wheel barrows full. Today I can barely walk. Any secrets for aching back?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Friday I got a truck load of horse manure delievered to my house. Sun my day off I topdressed all my trees with wheel barrows full. Today I can barely walk. Any secrets for aching back?
Hot bath, ice the sore spots, take aspirin. Hire a young kid.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, sorry! It is so easy to over-do it, especially in spring! Other than some pain reliever, and taking it easy...not much else. Do you have any kind of a "bean bag" that can be heated in the microwave? That brings Dh some relief. Hoping you are feeling better soon!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The story of my life since way back when - back problems. I will watch this thread!

First, your muscles are going to have to get past the spasm. Injured, they are tightening - that contributes to the pain. Of course, your muscles are worried that you will do something stupid to re-injure them. So, they are trying to keep you from it . . !

I was once told by a chiropractor that if we all laid on our stomachs for 30 minutes before getting out of bed in the morning, we wouldn't need chiropractors. I never saw her again :rolleyes:! Okay, it does help.

Easy stretching . . .

I look back on the days when I could still take anti-inflammatories with
4989_sad_smiley.gif

digitS'

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
The real key is ice, ice., ice. Ice for the inflammation, then heat for the muscles. Chiropractic keeps me in the garden.

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Soak in the tub with epsom salts and apple cider vinegar.

Anti-inflammatory meds.

Yoga. :)

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have had back pain since I broke it in '89. Here are a few tips:

1. Have a small child walk on your back (this usually costs at least a quarter)
2. Get spouse to rub your back (if you are female, you may find bruises and consequently won't ask for this favor again)
3. Hot shower or better yet, hot tub with epsom salts, candles and a glass of wine.
4. Ice, later heat
5. Tiger Balm
6. Usually this is a good time to walk through parking lots, as you are much closer to the ground and can easily spot fallen coins.

Next year, tie horse to tree, or hire teenagers.

Hope you feel better soon!

gardentoad

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well at least you got your sore back from hard work, not from a delayed side effect of using Cealis.. :hide ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
peteyfoozer said:
I have had back pain since I broke it in '89. Here are a few tips:

1. Have a small child walk on your back (this usually costs at least a quarter)
2. Get spouse to rub your back (if you are female, you may find bruises and consequently won't ask for this favor again)
3. Hot shower or better yet, hot tub with epsom salts, candles and a glass of wine.
4. Ice, later heat
5. Tiger Balm
6. Usually this is a good time to walk through parking lots, as you are much closer to the ground and can easily spot fallen coins.

Next year, tie horse to tree, or hire teenagers.

Hope you feel better soon!
Haha! You're funny Petey!

My favorite remedy is to crank up the heating pad and put it behind my back while I sit on the couch in the evening, just like I'm doing right now. I should use ice but I'm a sissy.