Any spreaders for TALL people?

Andrew

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Not that I'm super-tall - I'm about 6'1" - but I've been using the same Scotts spreader for a few years, and each time I swear I want to throw it onto a freeway* and watch it get crushed.

Are there any that are made for people taller than five feet?

thanks!

* I'd never do this, plus, I don't live near any "freeways". We don't call them that here. But a simulation would be cathartic.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I usea scotts elite and its not terrible. LPT: use a manual conduit bender and tweak them
RAT-57075.jpg

Also extended handles are not expensive.

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
.. the kind with a spreader under a bag that you hang around your shoulder or neck??
spreader.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Can't find any with taller handles. I understand. DH won't vacuum bc he is 6'3" (Was 6'5") tall and has to bend over to use it.
Do you have a riding mower?
This:
might work for you.
My equestrian hero, George Morris (former Intl show jumper/USET coach) preaches to NEVER pick up and carry Anything that can be carted, or a machine can move, so you can SAVE YOUR BACK.
I am only 5'4" tall and made for these spreaders, but the spreader above is comparably priced to the ones that you push.
I got a great deal for an off brand a few years back, $25.00, BUT, I window shop and ALL of them are now $50 and higher.
Would this work for you?

Latest posts