Any Truck Owners Have This?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonder if this would work on trailer

It's been over a year and my DH has still not brought my manure!! :rant

I told him to leave me the truck keys this week, 'cause I'm going to go get myself a couple loads of mulch for my front flowerbed. I'll let you know how it does then.

I bought a different brand called the Load Handler. Pretty much the same as that one though. I think you could use it on a trailer too, as long as it has a drop tail gate or if the tail gate is one that comes completely out and slides back into place with tracks on the sides. Maybe the mechanism would still fit and could be used at the bottom edge of the trailer. I don't see why not as long as you have room to turn the handle. Yay for simple physics! ;)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
When it comes down to it, IMHO, a trailer works the best, and my small pull along cart that goes behind my riding mower tilts for dumping. Heavy and weighty things just tend to scratch the bed of your truck. I bought a 3/4" livestock mat, intending to put it in the barn, but I never unloaded it from my 2007 truck bed. We paid for a coating on it, but, frankly, I've seen it scratched in places. The mat makes it easier to get on your knees on the bed, and, at $28.00/on sale, was MUCH cheaper than the form fitting mat ($300.00)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My truck bed is Rhino lined, and I also use a rubber stall mat (you know, to protect the protection!). The stall mat was so much more affordable as Ducks said, plus it's way, way thicker than the made-for-a-truck rubber mat we bought for another truck a long time ago.
That stall mat also helps to keep things from sliding so much. Dh had to cut it around the wheel wells of my girly truck, but we even found uses for the cut outs.

Latest posts