Anyone else do plumerias?

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have such great luck with them! I'd love to see pics if anyone else out there grows them. I have a few from Hawaii, but to tell you the truth, the best plants I have came from Home Depot!

picts324.jpg

Flowers003.jpg

Flowers001.jpg

picts320.jpg

picts325.jpg

Reaction score
Those are beautiful. I bet they smell great too. Reminds me of going to Hawaii. Love it there. :happy_flower

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
texaschickmama said:
Those are beautiful. I bet they smell great too. Reminds me of going to Hawaii. Love it there. :happy_flower
They smell great! I've never been to Hawaii but my brother goes there with his wife every couple of years. I always have him bring me back at least one "stick"!
Now, if only I could get one of those to grow into a huge tree!

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I wanted to try them again but they just died on me i do not have luck. Yours are beautiful and they do smell so nice.

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OCMG said:
I wanted to try them again but they just died on me i do not have luck. Yours are beautiful and they do smell so nice.
I seem to have a "knack". Maybe I can help you out? You don't get frost, do you? That seems to do them in.
They strive on neglect. They seem to be so needy when you look at them but they really aren't. Mine are in whisky barrels, in full sun (a few hours of shade), with good drainage. I always plant them in containers because they don't like watering systems. Too much water will rot them. I plant them in the big containers because, when you give them a little room, they shoot right up and become big very fast.
I drill several holes on the bottom of the barrel, add a thin layer of rock (I walk around the yard and pick them up), add a couple of feet of horse manure, and then top it off with organic mix and orchid mix. They love the light soil. Plant it deep, and top with bark.
Maybe it's just me, but I think when the roots finally hit the horse manure, that's when they shoot like a rocket!
They drop their leaves in the fall, and I move them so they are out of the wind.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My uncle has a whole wall made out of them (they are on trellis) and they make his yard smell like Hawian Wonderland :D

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
They smell great, don't they? I have my eye on a couple more... There is a lady in the OC that grows them. My birthday is next month and I need to come up with a list!! :lol:

Animal

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello Carri & All
I also love the Plumerias for the scented flowers. If you want a tree just put it in the ground and it will take off like a weed. The only trouble I have ahd with them is two years back we had a hard frost and it burned a few of the plants perry bad, But it looks like this year their coming back strong. Thanks for the Great picture aand Enjoy Dennis

Texas Star

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some white ones, they are very pretty, and their fragrance is beautiful. I have worn plumeria perfume before but I didn't know about the flowers until recently. :happy_flower

Latest posts