Anyone got a cake recipe with natural ingredients?

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm looking for a recipe to make my cousin a cake for passing National Ski Patrol. He is trying to eat natural ingredients, being a very important cake I really want it to be natural ingredients just like he has been trying to eat.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A “Healthier” Carrot Cake (Click link for photo and recipe)
Serves 6-8

3 eggs
1-2 bananas
10-15 fresh dates (without seeds)
6 tbsp sunflower oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cardamom
3-4 carrots (medium size, grated)
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup raisins

Glazing
200 g cream cheese
3 tbsp honey
1/2 lime (juice)

1/2 cup hazelnuts

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Use a hand blender or a blender to mix bananas, dates and oil into a thick cream in another bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom and stir it together with the eggs and the banana-cream. Add grated carrots, coconut flakes, walnuts and raisins and stir it until it all comes together.
Pour it into a cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Try to stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake, when nothing sticks on it the cake is ready. Let it cool.
Whip together the cream cheese and the honey (bananas or dates would probably also work as sweeteners for the frosting). Add the frosting when the cake is completely cooled of. Serve with roughly chopped hazelnuts or walnuts on the top.

Flourless Chocolate Cake (click title link for recipe and photo)
Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake (refined-sugar-free)
makes one 8-inch cake

adapted from this recipe

Ingredients:

4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup honey

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375F, and grease an 8″ spring-form pan generously with coconut oil or butter.

Melt the baking chocolate and butter together, stirring until completely smooth. (You can use a double-boiler for this, but I prefer to simply throw the chocolate into an oven-safe bowl, and melt it in the oven for about 4-5 minutes.)

Combine the melted chocolate/butter with the cocoa powder, honey, and eggs, then whisk well until a smooth batter forms.

Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.

Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until the center looks firm. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides (this is why I like using the spring-form pan!) and allow to cool completely before serving.

I recommend cutting and serving small slices… this cake is RICH!

A little goes a long way.

This cake should keep for up to a week… if you don’t eat it all before that.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is hard to know what one person thinks of as natural. Alternative grains? Natural means nothing in the food industry because all of those ingredients whose names we cannot pronounce are natural. Not necessarily good for you. You can take any recipe and make it organic by buying organic products. I use spelt flour instead of wheat flour. I buy organic sugar and only use olive oil to cook everything. You also have to be certain that your olive oil is real and not the
diluted stuff. I would suggest a good carrot cake recipe using organic spelt and all organic products. But I eat healthy and cake is cake.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks so much!!! I'll look more at those later

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
A “Healthier” Carrot Cake (Click link for photo and recipe)
Serves 6-8

3 eggs
1-2 bananas
10-15 fresh dates (without seeds)
6 tbsp sunflower oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp cardamom
3-4 carrots (medium size, grated)
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup raisins

Glazing
200 g cream cheese
3 tbsp honey
1/2 lime (juice)

1/2 cup hazelnuts

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Whisk the eggs in a medium sized bowl. Use a hand blender or a blender to mix bananas, dates and oil into a thick cream in another bowl. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom and stir it together with the eggs and the banana-cream. Add grated carrots, coconut flakes, walnuts and raisins and stir it until it all comes together.
Pour it into a cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes. Try to stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake, when nothing sticks on it the cake is ready. Let it cool.
Whip together the cream cheese and the honey (bananas or dates would probably also work as sweeteners for the frosting). Add the frosting when the cake is completely cooled of. Serve with roughly chopped hazelnuts or walnuts on the top.

Flourless Chocolate Cake (click title link for recipe and photo)
Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake (refined-sugar-free)
makes one 8-inch cake

adapted from this recipe

Ingredients:

4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, or coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup honey

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375F, and grease an 8″ spring-form pan generously with coconut oil or butter.

Melt the baking chocolate and butter together, stirring until completely smooth. (You can use a double-boiler for this, but I prefer to simply throw the chocolate into an oven-safe bowl, and melt it in the oven for about 4-5 minutes.)

Combine the melted chocolate/butter with the cocoa powder, honey, and eggs, then whisk well until a smooth batter forms.

Pour the batter into the greased pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.

Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until the center looks firm. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove the sides (this is why I like using the spring-form pan!) and allow to cool completely before serving.

I recommend cutting and serving small slices… this cake is RICH!

A little goes a long way.

This cake should keep for up to a week… if you don’t eat it all before that.
Red... Healthier ??? depends on the person who will eat it .... for me half of the ingrediants especially in combination ( bananas , carbs, fructose sugars) will send my blood sugar through the roof and possibly go into diabetic shock . :th NOT FUN at all and could prove fatal. While the cream cheese will send me to hover over the toilet to upchuk , :sick as I have a serious issue with cheeses, yogurts, and cottage cheeses ... at least or me and other diabetics , NOT HEALTHY AT ALL !!! :idunno

Latest posts