anyone in central CA?

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We are Above Frazier Park, between Santa Clarita and Bakersfield.

Monica

tfpets

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Not me!!

I'm further up North!

I live between Chico and Forest Ranch, and I cant decide what Zone I live in.....pretty close to an 8.......

I am at 1500 feet elevation, I get snow every few years, but not much, just a few inches. I live on a separate ridge from Paradise and Forest Ranch, called the Doe Mill Ridge, and we have a kind of Micro Climate here, and we get winds between 70-80 mph.....Very little shade, except what I've grown or from fences or out buildings....

So I'm here in California somewhere!! Nice to meet you!!

Tina/tpets

Granmahen

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Bakersfield. Aren't things looking beautiful around here. We have to enjoy it while we can. Too soon it'll be dusty and brown with just our gardens to make us smile.

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We are above frazier park. We can't start planting until after mother's day. We still get freezes until then.

Monica

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went to UCSB and lived in Goleta for a bit. I dream of living in Lompoc . Close enough to my fam in Southern Cali but too far to drive very often.

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Modesto here!

I've got onions, potatoes, lettuce, etc, growing like mad here, and I think Im going to test a couple tomatoes soon enough!

GardeNerd

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not from the central valley, but does visiting regularly count? I have in laws in Visalia.

Latest posts