Anyone know this Iris?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
While wandering around the web last night, trying to find replacement seed for my Delonix pumila (which my cat shredded all the leaves off of) I came upon this site, and this Iris

https://africa-seeds.com/collections/seeds-for-sale/products/iris-im-still-beauty-x1-bulb-tuber

Is anyone familiar with this one? I like the look, but as it is VERY expensive, I would prefer to have some info before committing. I tried looking it up online, but found no information (so the name may be badly translated.)

I'm also a little worried as there are some odd things about the site. Many of the flowers are listed under the wrong name (irises listed as calla lilies and so on) And there order page has an odd quirk where it REQUIRES you put an apartment or suite number in your address.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I'm trying to decide if I'm going to eat something I've bought, grown, butchered, or caught I go by a rule, when in doubt don't. I try to apply the same rule to internet sites.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree with Ridgerunner if in doubt I wouldn’t order.
If you do chose to order from them make sure that they can ship to the U.S. Some less reputable companies will try to ship plants or seeds that won’t make it past customs and won’t refund if they get taken and destroyed.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
While wandering around the web last night, trying to find replacement seed for my Delonix pumila (which my cat shredded all the leaves off of) I came upon this site, and this Iris

https://africa-seeds.com/collections/seeds-for-sale/products/iris-im-still-beauty-x1-bulb-tuber

Is anyone familiar with this one? I like the look, but as it is VERY expensive, I would prefer to have some info before committing. I tried looking it up online, but found no information (so the name may be badly translated.)

I'm also a little worried as there are some odd things about the site. Many of the flowers are listed under the wrong name (irises listed as calla lilies and so on) And there order page has an odd quirk where it REQUIRES you put an apartment or suite number in your address.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Y wandering around the web last night, trying to find replacement seed for my Delonix pumila (which my cat shredded all the leaves off of) I came upon this site, and this Iris

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score

You already know it is a fraud but wish it were not. The errors in the website are clue enough not to send them any money. If I see a too good to be true plant, I google it. I aways find there is just 1 photo on every site trying to hawk it. I cannot imagine that seeds and plants can be sent here from Africa.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
YIKES!
Okay, will DEFINITELY not be ordering.

I cannot imagine that seeds and plants can be sent here from Africa.
Technically that part's not true. There is a seed seller in Ghana on Etsy that I deal with frequently, and his stuff does get through. It's also expensive, but a lot of that expense is covering the phytosanitary certificate.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Jibrilenterprise

Latest posts