Anyone Please have advice on trapping an Armadillo?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think you would be more successful at eliminating their food source then trapping them. They will leave on their own if there are no grubs to eat.

While it is true they carry Hansen's, I believe the only way for them to transmit it to humans is for humans to eat undercooked armadillo.

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
renovationmom said:
Just read your link, very scary. I have been replacing the soil, mulch and plants dug up in the area the armadillo has been digging up by hand! I will be wearing gloves and using a hoe from now on.:/
I don't think you're in danger just digging in the dirt. Just don't turn it into dinner if you catch it. ;)

-Wendy

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
I think you would be more successful at eliminating their food source then trapping them. They will leave on their own if there are no grubs to eat.

While it is true they carry Hansen's, I believe the only way for them to transmit it to humans is for humans to eat undercooked armadillo.
Not much danger of that for me. I eat almost anything that doesn't eat me first but once with armadillo was enough. They have a very musky taste. Actually I almost didn't cook it because of the smell it had when I cleaned it but I soldiered up and gave it a try (ONE try)

renovationmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh no, do not worry y'all, I have no plans on eating an armadillo, lol. I will get some pictures if I trap him. Last night, he dug inside the trap(I put some loose dirt from the chicken run inside the bottom) he just did not go in far enough to trigger the door!

renovationmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:

I free range chickens, so if there is something safe to use around them, I would try it. It has been hot and dry here, I have to water some of my new plants until they are established, and this is where the armadillo has been digging. I use lots of compost and mulch in my garden beds, and there are lots of worms and rollie pollie's(ball bugs) too.

Latest posts