seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What plants do you use?

What kind of catfish?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
not the type that stay small. these are brown bullheads & i've had them a few years. i also have a small yellow bullhead that has been slowly growing in a 20 gallon tank with some of the moss. they rather hid than be seen in the tank so i have things for them to hide in besides the moss. i was planning to put them in a dedicated pond this summer but i've been working so many hours i've been too exhausted to do much of my planned projects this past year.

i have in my planted 20g Nana anubias, Wendtii crypto, Windelov Java fern, and i think i got an El Nino fern a few weeks ago. also, plenty of java moss that i have to keep cleaning that out. also duckweed that i would toss in my pond when it gets to be too much. this time of year i don't have a lot of duckweed in the tank but by the time spring comes i'm cleaning the tank out again.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I stuck a bullhead in my guppy tank. Noticed the guppies were getting fewer and fewer while bull head was getting larger and larger. He went back to creek.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
As a kid I read catfish where a peaceful fish good for community tank ( had to have meant cories } I caught a small catfish in a lake, bought him home soon had empty tank

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
yep! can't have anything smaller than their mouth in that tank or it gets eaten in an instant. i did have a couple koi in there when the cats were smaller and koi larger than them and the koi tails always looked torn up. then notice the cats were chasing the tails trying to eat them. out the koi went when the pond was built a couple years ago.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
nothing wrong with those! ;) i think the sarasa comets are beautiful when you can get the orange areas to be brilliant red just from the quality foods that are out there. koi just come in some really neat patterns & the black patches don't fade.

Latest posts