Argh, in need of cherry tomatoes! (and rosemary)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had these wonderful cherry tomatoes last year, and I meant to save seeds and I think I actually did. However, an accident occured and they were tossed in the trash from a paper towel.

If anyone would like to trade for some heirloom cherry tomatoes that would be wonderful!

I also need rosemary, I can't find my seeds :/

If you have these, PM me and I will email you a list of what I have to trade! Thanks so much!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can always try... still new at this so that leaves me open to failure, but also open to success! LOL

I just LOVE cooking with rosemary.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will check my wintersown list. If i have more than one I will send them to you. Sorry think I only got one. :/

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Awe... bummer.

I had some nice sweet 100's last year... they were so yummy to just snack on... until the chickens figured out how to jump up on the deck and steal them! :p

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've got about 5 varieties ordered, yellow and red pear, chocolate brown, orange, etc. Let me know what you're interested in!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I'm interested. I'm just looking for one preferrably sweet for snacking. I'd only need a couple seeds. Just hoping for 1 plant. No one else I know is a big fan of tomatoes around here... so I wouldn't have to share. Except maybe with the chickens! LOL

If you can spare like 3 seeds, I'm more then happy to trade you something of mine for them. Just PM me.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was just reading an old issue of Organic Gardening, where a reader wrote in and said they'd often started rosemary from "cuttings" obtained as bagged fresh herbs in the produce section of the supermarket :)

Worth a try, if you know somewhere that carries really FRESH herbs. Cut an inch or two off the bottom, strip the leaves off lower 2/3 of what remains, dip the end in rooting hormone if you want, stick the pieces 'up to their neck' in damp propagation medium and keep moderately lit and humid and somewhat ventilated until you see signs of growth.

Good luck,

Pat

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh wow... guess what I found tonight while cleaning my kitchen!?

A over ripe (but not rotten) cherry tomato! LOL

I have a giant leaf bowl I used to keep all my harvested tomatoes and the veggie and fruit I get from the store. Its always full of oranges and apples and bananas now. I saw some mold on a tomato in there (bought it on saturday from the store so I'm annoyed) so I cleaned out the bowl and there was a lone cherry tomato at the bottom. I collected the seeds which are drying out now.

Someone was looking out for me. :p

Latest posts