Argh.... my fingers... my hands...(added tomato basil soup recipe pg2)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It will be gone soon Hi! Most the Jams and Jellies are for sale... I've already sold quite a bit.

I want some salsa so bad, I finished the small jar I kept from sealing... but I it took 2 attempts to seal those big jars so I just can't open one!

I'm sure I'll have more tomatoes soon to make another batch of salsa. It only called for 6 lbs in the recipe and I get more then that every other day.

As for the tomato basil soup I oven roasted 3 cups of cherry tomatoes after I blanched and skinned them. I tossed them in olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper first though. Let them slowly reduce in a 200 degree oven for 6-7 hours. I made this well ahead of time!

Then a couple days later I had 4 large tomatoes I blanched and skinned and put in the food processor. I add the roasted tomatoes to the processor and then I strained all of these in a pot. I just wanted the juice.

You'll need about 2 1/2 cups chicken broth. I poured some through the strainer to get more tomato juice in.

Then I heated that together, added 2 tsp sugar because I like mine a bit sweeter, but you don't need to. Then I added a tbsp of corn starch to thicken mine up. Again, not needed if you like it thinner from the broth.

Finally after its flavored to your liking (add salt and pepper to taste) Chop about 8 fresh basil leaves into the mix and let finish simmering for 5 minutes. Then serve!

I made a 2 gallon size mix, so this is more a reasonable size for one meal!

Latest posts