As Seen On TV Blueberry bush...

Gonzo & The Peeps

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the as seen on tv blueberry bush? I think you get 3 for 20 or 30 dollars.... Do you think it's worth it or a waste? :watering

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Check out your local soil and water conservation dept. I bought nice blueberry bushes from ours, at a very nice price...

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One of the local big box stores has highbush blueberries on sale for about $6, so three for $30 seems high, especially if you have to pay shipping.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am leery of ordering something off of the tv.
Do you know where they are coming from?
There are certain nurseries online that I also won't order from so you really need to know what you are getting.
I don't think they are that expensive if you are getting 3 of them, I just don't know about the size or quality.
Check out some of the places online first and see if you want to get something different or at least make some comparisons.
I am usually a big fan of buying something in person from a local nursery just because you know exactly what you are getting and
they only carry things that are meant to do well in your area.
It limits your options more but increases your chance of success.
Good luck with it!:)

Edited for punctuation.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have not seen the "as seen on tv", but think about it... if they are spending all that extra money on tv advertising, it's to squeeze extra *profit* out of something that is intrinsically worth less.

If you want blueberries, and have soil that is actually appropriate for them (!), buy them locally, preferably potted or if you buy bareroot at least LOOK at them first. You'll get a better deal on a better product, even if you end up paying more per bush (cuz, they will live and thrive, as opposed to deep in your heart you pretty much KNOW what you are likely to get off a tv ad... ;))

JMHO, good luck, have fun,

Pat

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've seen that " As Seen on TV Blueberry bush"
this past Saturday. I don't think its worth ordering one from t.v.
Far better to order some bushes from a nursery that you can rely on and know the product is quality.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
'Gardener's Choice' is a company that advertises 'as seen on TV' ...
always best to look for reviews (as you have done here :) ), and check out the company with the BBB.

Watch Dog

In my experience with live plants, buy local if at all possible.

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Buy local and from a nursery when you can as they'll have what works in your area. Nothing worse than planting a "early variety" costco tree in the PNW to find out 4 years later the root stock was poor for the area, and the apple grown on it was a "early" season type that would fruit "early" in september over the mountains... meaning never to ripen on the coast side of the mountain.

Latest posts