assorted pics to share & some good news! woot!!!

bayouchica

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The good news is we've got a water pump!!

I figured everyone here could appreciate that,lol.It's been several years since my MIL had one running.It's electric & we got it for free,just had to replace the seals.DH ran the electricity down to the pump & buried the pipe.
My Dh got 400 ft of pipe from his old job years ago.Finally putting it to good use,we've been breaking the bank every summer to keep the plants alive.
4941_100_1247.jpg

here's some other pics from summer.
took this a few days ago..
4941_100_1264.jpg

from springtime...
row of blackberries in bloom
4941_100_7436.jpg

one of my favs,wisteria
4941_100_7180.jpg

blackberries :drool I'm going to try & make some wine next year.
4941_100_0411_00.jpg

mullien blooming

4941_cid_6673f18eb77241d4bdcfd2b906c81176lakehouse.jpg

can't remember what kind of flower this is.
4941_100_0853.jpg

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i have mullein growing in my yard too. the indians used to smoke it. supposedly it helps to cure coughing. you can make a tea with it too.

the purplish flower is a daylily.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi BBH. :frow

Mullein isn't at all the same plant as foxglove but both are tall & beautiful & often self-seed.

http://images.google.com/images?sou...itle&resnum=1&ei=0BKeSq-_IsLAjAey3cWaAg&gbv=2

http://images.google.com/images?gbv...otos&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0

This should sort you out :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bayouchica :frow

What a relief your pump must be -- your garden looks just wonderful & so prolific. Congratulations on both! :bouquet

:rose Hattie :rose

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on your water pump project! That is something you will continue to be thankful for, for many years to come! Your gardens and yard look lovely! Love the chickens! Enjoy!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh hooray horray!!!

I need me one of those... it would be one of the perks of having standing water of the property. Thank goodness mother nature rains down on us huh?!

Enjoy, I know your plants are. :watering

bayouchica

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
beefy said:
i have mullein growing in my yard too. the indians used to smoke it. supposedly it helps to cure coughing. you can make a tea with it too.

the purplish flower is a daylily.
Yeah, my BIL tired mullein tea it worked.
You know it can be used as toilet paper? LOL!!!

We've got the water line run about 200 ft,need to invest in more fittings & T's. It's going to be soo nice next summer.
vfem, yeah the plants should go crazy,bayou water has a nice green tint to it.

thanks yall, Miriam :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Miriam, your environment couldn't be much more different from mine but there you've got mullein growing.

I used to see it growing in Oregon and California but still got the idea that it was a plant named for John Mullan. John Mullan's military wagon road was what "opened up" this neck of the woods about 150 years ago. A pass across the continental divide in Montana is named for him. I just didn't realize that the spelling was different. And, I didn't realize that the plants grew from here to the bayous of Louisiana :)!

A neighbor had a visitor recently who was born and raised in Hawaii. This was her first visit to continental USA and she was making the best of the experience by taking a road trip thru the Rockies. She was telling me a little about one off-highway excursion up near the timberline on a dirt road.

She said that they came around a curve in the road to the most fantastic view across miles and miles of the Rocky Mountains and there, sharing the view with them were all these mullein plants. Standing solemnly and appearing to stare off into the hazy distance at the mountains and valleys were dozen of the tall mullein, nodding in the breeze.

She just couldn't seem to get over this. She was barely able to tell me about the experience and probably chuckled and giggled about it all the way back to tropical Hawaii :rolleyes:. I think she was suffering a little from altitude sickness but didn't want spoil anything for her so I just smiled and nodded. I suppose that if she'd said anything about me looking a little like a mullein plant, we would have had to take her to an emergency room for some oxygen ;).

Steve

Latest posts