At the Thanksgiving Table

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Other than family, I've been wondering who I'd like to see at the Thanksgiving table . . . If I had the choice of anyone as a guest.

Calvin Lamborn, who developed the Sugarsnap Pea should be an appreciated choice. Those snap peas were about the most important garden addition in my lifetime, after he came up with them!

And, James Baggett, with his peas, beans and tomatoes - wow! I've even grown his Summertime lettuce.

Sitting down with Luther Burbank . . .

Hey!! Besides the ingredients, I wonder if they'd help do the dishes!

What 3 persons would you choose as Thanksgiving guests??

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing to do with gardening, and it would depend on my mood at the time, but I'd start with Ben Franklin. That guy could spin a yarn, but lock up your womenfolk. I'll refrain from further comment on that.

Next, Thomas Jefferson. In my opinion, one of the most important people in making our democracy work. He may not have always stuck by his basic principles, but he did the right thing. For example, he did not think the President had the Constitutional right to make the Louisiana Purchase, but he did because it was the right thing for our country.

Then, just to stir it up because he had almost the opposite political views of the other two, John Adams. Stiffnecked and rigid, strong on his principles. Should make for a lively dinner conversation.

Latest posts