awesome yardsale finds!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just got back from one of our area's largest multi-family yardsales! I was really excited to get to one of the houses on the map because the lady has a beautifully landscaped tea garden and sells off a lot of her perennials on the 1st day! I did get one plant from her for $2, but I found something I have been looking for a few months, a spinning wheel in good working condition! All it needs is a belt to help it move the flyer and the wheel and I'm set to spin! I got it for $30! :celebrating

Anyone else find any good deals while at yardsales?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had time and someone to come babysit so I could go to yard sales. :p

Starts off of perennials do really well at yard sales, but I don't think many people think of selling them. I made $40 one time selling rooted willow whips. If I'd had more, I would have sold more too!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to do really well selling plants at flea markets when we did them. I'm doing my own yardsale tomorrow and selling off my extra tomatoes too. I need to run outside and start getting my tables and awnings set up so it won't take as long to pull all the stuff out and onto the tables. Its supposed to be in the 90's again tomorrow so we'll need the shade.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Chickie's Momma...where is this multi-family yard sale. Don't keep it a secret? I have to work for 2 more hours, but maybe they would still be there. :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over here in Rochester. There are a bunch of nice homes tucked away between Lowell St and Old Dover Rd that are doing a 30+ family yardsale. (My neighborhood connects into Lowell st, but on the left and further towards the hockey rink end) Most people don't do the friday and will be opened for the Saturday and Sunday sales. They advertised it a few days ago in the Fosters newspaper, but this is a yearly event. My sister even comes up from Mass with her kids for it every year! :p

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE yard sales ! I must stop to one every chance I can ,even on my way to work ! I got lots of great stuff over the years, and will not sell it in my yard sale!:lol:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wow! that is a steal! No yard sales here, we are hours away from town and when we GO to town, there isn't time. I wish there was though, I bet we could find some neat stuff!