Awww... spring is so far away!!! I want to till and plant!!!

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Why is it only January?

I have to wait all the way till March to sow tomato seeds INSIDE and then all the way till May to even plant them!!! Awwww.. so long. :th

redneck_cowgirl87

Leafing Out
Reaction score
silkiechicken said:
Why is it only January?

I have to wait all the way till March to sow tomato seeds INSIDE and then all the way till May to even plant them!!! Awwww.. so long. :th
Feel the same way here!!!!! Beenplanning all that i want to grow this year. If all works to where i can. I pray it does!!!!!!!

jc12551

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am obsessed. I can't get any papers graded for looking through garden websites and chicken websites. Aack, grades are due ASAP, exams start Tuesday. It isn't even time to plant and I don't even have a coop built, but I got the spring fever!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have to admit I enjoy the layoff winter offers. I do walk around out there when there's no snow and dream about spring, but it's ok, it comes in all its glory! I enjoy going through catalogs and planning, if it were gardening season out there I'd never get to the catalogs! :watering

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
I have to admit I enjoy the layoff winter offers. I do walk around out there when there's no snow and dream about spring, but it's ok, it comes in all its glory! I enjoy going through catalogs and planning, if it were gardening season out there I'd never get to the catalogs! :watering
And reading gardening books from the library! Too depressing to do during growing season (looking back and forth from glossy heavily-groomed overfertilized fancily-photographed gardens in books to real gardens outside windows <vbg>) and anyhow, like Ann says, now is when I have the *time*.

Pat

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
silkiechicken said:
Why is it only January?

Sister, you need to move SOUTH! May?! Way too much winter for me - then again, the extreme heat and humidity isn't fun either!

jc12551

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
What winter? I could have been in shorts yesterday. I think it was 50 today. This mountain girl isn't used to coastal weather.

A friend called and said the local big box diy had their Burpee display set up. I drove the 30 minutes to read packets. *sigh* I didn't buy any, but it was fun. Going out in the school greenhouse where it was so warm made my spring fever worse.

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I ordered from Burpee yesterday. Can't wait. And WHY does it all have to come in one fell swoop? The raking, the cleaning up, the tilling, the seed-starting, the fertilizing, the lettuce seed constant watering, etc. etc. It comes all at once, and soon I'm too tired to do anything the correct way!