Awww... spring is so far away!!! I want to till and plant!!!

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
AND, stuff starts sprouting up and demanding attention right at the time my DH puts the boat in the water! Last spring, I was racing home from work, splashing water at the sowed seeds, stuffing things into pots and in the ground, and dashing out to meet him at the mooring field to try (but fail) at catching the spring running striped bass.

Then we'd come home at dusk, too late to do anything else in the yard, much less have sweet quality time with the chickens!

I guess I better take that advice and learn to love the slow, underworked days of winter.

Herechickchick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I know it is killing me! I went to lowes yesterday to get some seeds (my dining room table is covered with starter trays) and to see if the garden fencing had come in and they had roses! I order mine from Heirloom Roses. I just keep telling myself MARCH, MARCH MUST WAIT UNTIL MARCH.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is the 3 AM of the gardening year . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Silkiechicken, I'm expecting you up at daybreak!! Of course, I'm sitting here with the sun (just now ! :coolsun) rising above the eastern horizon. It's 8 AM, I've been up for 2 hours sitting in the cold and dark :barnie!

I would looooove to hang out in the garden with that guy from Puerto Rico :love! Heck, even most of the birds have sense enuf to fly south for the Winter . . . .

Breathing exercises . . . calm, calm . . . sunshine, oh yeah sunshine!! Below zero yesterday morning . . . I think it's a little warmer today . . . maybe a trend . . .

Steve

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just watch outside, you'll see the signs. Today I noticed sap icicles hanging from damaged branches on various maples and aspens....the sap is running! The sun is up earlier and earlier, and sets later and later each day. I found birch catkins elongated, waiting for the right cue to open. I can't wait for the early tree blossoms, our bees (if they make it, always a crapshoot) will make spring honey to help with their buildup from them. I love the whole process of the coming of spring. :coolsun :bee :mow :watering

Reaction score
I actually heard a morning spring bird a couple of days ago.. I was so happy to hear it!

And then last night an ice storm moved in :barnie

I'm SICK SICK of winter myself, and really can't even think that I'll have to wait until April (and then no real planting until the very end of May). I kinda just have to get through THIS MONTH.. then MARCH... Slow slogging.. but the gloom of snow doesn't seem so horrid.

Can only eat an elephant a bite at a time!

And when the warmer weather comes, I don't mind the endless gardening. Even weeding is sort of Zen for me.. so quiet.. shut off my mind.. Listen to the droning of the mosquitos... :happy_flower

Meghan

Latest posts