Back to Eden Gardening

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So Bee, how did your garden do this year?

Mine did pretty good. I thought I would have some of my stuff make it through the summer & into fall. Sadly, the rural electric co came through and sprayed the right of way. Some of the over spray killed off quite a bit. Trying to get some stuff for fall going, but it's just not doing good.

Laneycath

Sprout
Reaction score
Growing 4 rows of corn in the garden this season so I can make some pickled corn. I chose an old style corn called Golden Bantam, as today's typical corn that's sweet and sugar enhanced makes really bad pickled corn. It's not much good for the table unless you like that real corny taste but not as much sweetness but it should make excellent pickled corn!

Will plant beans, cukes and some squash within the corn to make better use of the space.

Spring is springing here, with daffodils bloomed and the peach trees pushing out bloom as well. Birds singing up a storm. All that always seems like trumpets of the Lord sounding to me!! :weee
Oh no - I green Golden Bantam Sweet as my first venture into planting corn and you are telling me it's not good for the table. Oh well.
1626652872140.png

Latest posts