Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
...have developed a taste for our tomatoes. :somad
8098_bad_bunny.jpg

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Heh, they need to visit Jared's bunnies at freezer camp!! Congrats on all those beauties i saw in your other post though!! Definitely jealous...!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bunnies don't bother ours, they eat all the leaves off of the pole beans though. However, there have been rats & voles that have come up and were snacking on some tomatoes. So if its not one rodents its another. Hahaha

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
Heh, they need to visit Jared's bunnies at freezer camp!! Congrats on all those beauties i saw in your other post though!! Definitely jealous...!
Agreed.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rabbits don't normally bother tomatos much. With the dry weather they may be after the moisture more than the food.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Rabbits don't normally bother tomatos much. With the dry weather they may be after the moisture more than the food.
That was our thought, this is the 1st time we have found them doing this. The drought is bad. Not much natural juicy foods or even puddles to enjoy. Guess I wold feel sorry for them if they had left my tomaote alone!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What about setting out some water pans for them? Maybe the tomatoes wouldn't look so good to them!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another gardener without a rabbit proof fence???? You are much braver than I! Congrats on that beautiful harvest! If mine ever ripen we will have a banner year....

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
this year I've had bunnies in my garden, but they've never bothered the plants. They scare the fire out of me though when they dart out running from me! I also leave shallow pans of water in the yard for the bunnies and squirrels and my bees.

Latest posts