BAD NACHO!!!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, I've been gone a long time! Bad me! I know! I need to have a switch taken to me!! ;)

So, I'll catch you all up!!

I got a job with vfem! Best job ever btw!

We did finally end up getting rabbits. We have a buck and 3 does. We have Barney, Nora, Lilly, and Monster. I'm REALLY wanting to get into some American Blues, but I fear that people around here wouldn't appreciate the breed and I would be "stuck" with a bunch of bunnies that nobody would be willing to pay for. LOL Great for our freezer, not so great on the wallet.

The garden is still going good! This past year was MUCH better than last year, but, our corn didn't do well AT ALL! It grew maybe 3-4 feet, put on wee tiny ears and that was it. Nothing worth eating even. It was terrible! I think it's time to invest in some new corn seed.

We now have 3 breeds of chickens. We have our Buckeyes, we ventured into Silkies, and then we added Dark Cornish. The Buckeyes are our dual purpose birds. Our rooster, Scrappy, is a big beautiful boy that is great with the girls and is very handsome. We let the Buckeyes free range because they stay close to home. Every once in a while they will go visit our neighbors and he will have some fun with their lone hen. :p Their guinea likes to hang out in our back yard, and seems to "rule the roost" even in our yard! LOL Scrappy doesn't give her much thought tho. I decided to keep the Silkies and the Dark Cornish penned up because 1, Scrappy does NOT like my little Silkie rooster, Squeekers, and tries to tear him to pieces, and 2, Batman, our Cornish roo likes to hop the fence and not come back when it's time to go to bed! We're also going to start selling eggs and babies come spring time.

We still have our 4 dogs. The "baby" is now a 45 pound monster who thinks that she's still a tiny puppy! She likes to sit on my lap like she used to when she was little, but now instead of all of her fitting on my lap, her paws are on my knees and her bum is sitting on either my chest or my shoulder, depending on what she's trying to achieve! :lol:

I will definitely try to get you all some pictures soon! I know it's been FOREVER since I've been here. I'd all but forgotten about TEG... :oops: Tho I could never forget the great people here!! :hugs

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, we're glad to hear from you, and glad you were able to maneuver the new forum stuff. Hope you holidays are fun and trouble free!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, I thought somebody ate a bad nacho and got sick or something. :p

Welcome back, I don't remember seeing you here before. Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah! (If anybody here even celebrates Hanukkah that is...)

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awww! It's nice to know I was missed! :) Thank you RR!

TSO, I don't know that I was on when you joined. I've been absent for some time. :) Merry Christmas to you too, tho Hanukkah has been over for some time now. (I only know because I have a couple Jewish friends.. otherwise I probably wouldn't have.. LOL)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi, Nacho!

You have been on the QT for a long while . .

What a cool thing that you are working with V! Lots going on in NC that doesn't meet the eye of the rest of the US. However! Besides V, we now have more TEG members from your very own state! One side of the world or another, let us help a little with that garden, or at least, enjoy learning how you work things out. Merry Christmas!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
SeedO is a new member of the family Nacho.

Welcome back home Nacho! :)

What are you and vfem doing working with her?

Latest posts