Baker Creek's Catalog is Fabulous!

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wow, I have had several catalogs over the past few years and requested a Bakers Creek (due to this forum). I am LOVING the catalog :D It just gives me such joy to look @ all the wonderful pics & descriptions. Its a must-have for me now...but now I have to decide what I'm going to get! :drool

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, when I saw this heading, I was going to reply and say "I'm still waiting!!!" Another great review. I can't wait to finally see this thing!
I got a catalog from Comstock. I didn't order from them, but I enjoyed the pics. All the hands holding the veggies, had dirty fingernails! Real gardener's- not models!!
Hopefully, I'll receive the catalog tomorrow- we are supposed to get 6-10 inches tonight. I'll need something to keep my sanity!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, same here. i was sure i requested one from Baker's Creek. but friday i received one from Comstock too!

nooooo!!! not more of that white stuff!! i was getting used to ours melting away from our rain this weekend!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa..you poor thing! It will be worth the wait. I can't believe you've gone your whole life without it! :lol: Here's hoping you get it soon. :fl Let us know when you do.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Take pity on me! Our 6-10 turned into 18-20! The most snow we have had all winter!! Yesterday morning, I actually saw my entire garden- and then....I looked out the window at that dirt and my heart skipped a beat. The rain turned to snow and now the garden is nowhere in sight!
Think of me, my gardening friends when you have your hands in the dirt.
Hoping they didn't send the Comstock catalog instead of Bakers...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Lesa..you poor thing! I do hope you get that Bakers Creek catalog. Do you think it's time to follow up on that?

Yesterday, I went to a drugstore that has a nursery. Their plants are Home Depot prices but they are like a regular nursery.

I bought 4" pots tomatoes for $1.99. ( 2 early girls, 1 roma, 1 sungold. The sungold had 2 plants in it! It seemed kind of early for tomatoe starts but what the heck. So now I have tomatoes, and bok choi, lettuce, spinach, that have sprouted in the gardening.

Not trying to rub it in Lesa. Really...

Waiting with abetted breath to hear from you about your B.C. catalog.

Mary

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have received two Baker Creek Catalog's ..I gave one to a friend. The catalog is gorgeous, but I wish the size was a little smaller. It is a little harder to hold up in my hands and turn the pages. I have been a customer of BC since the year after they first started out, and still have all the paper catalog's from previous years..

Jerry, who owns, and started Baker Creek, just recently purchased Comstock Seed Co..I have yet to request a catalog for C.S..But will today.

Hope you get your catalog soon Lesa..

freemotion

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Everyone on BC's mailing list who lives in the CT area and surrounding states will get a Comstock & Ferre catalog...this is what they told me when I stopped in at Comstock. The lady I always seem to deal with is very nice and very knowledgeable! I can't seem to get back there during business hours after that first run through the store after seeing the article about it in my BC catalog back in....er....was it January? But I call her on the phone, ask questions about the differences between varieties, give her a list and she pulls my order so my hubby can swing by after work and pick it up. It feels so old-fashioned! I love it!

They are having a grand opening festival or something in early June, I HAVE to get there!

Rozzie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's also fun going to their store and shopping in person. ;)

On the other hand, it's awfully easy to take home all kinds of very strange seeds that you will never actually end up planting due to space limitations.

Guess what I did last year, ROFL...

Latest posts