Ball canning jars

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Did anyone else get an e mail survey from Ball about the new lids and rings they are making? They are making brushed silver instead of gold to make them look like the old zinc lids.
One of the survey questions was about whether or not you would get rid of all your gold rins and buy new silver ones so they would match the lids????? Are these people nuts? Not much chance of me throwing out hundreds of perfectly good gold rings so they will match new lids. You have to wonder about these people some times. :/
Would anyone else throw out their rings?

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think that is just wishful thinking on their part. You'd have to be crazy to do that. I never thought of canning as interior decorating. I'm sure there are a few people out there who would do that.

Kricket

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy new rings to 'match' the lids. I'm too conservative. I'm not happy with their new packaging system(jars). I liked it much better when buying the jars-- the ring/lids were wrapped seperately. Now they are screwed onto the jars (and tight too)and I have had troubles using those lids. Some were 'punched' through and no good. They did send me a coupon for the defective lids. But still, I want it packaged the old way. Anyone else had these problems?