Beans, Beans, Beans!

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
As of last night we're up to 70 quarts. I think we are done. There are still some left on the plants, but I think we're going to just enjoy the rest of them fresh. My DW is starting on applesauce this week and peaches will be in soon. We have by far surpassed the amount we thought we would do, so it's all good.

BTW: Fresh green beans grilled are fabulous. I drizzle w/ Olive Oil and season with Montreal seasoning. I grill them for about 10 minutes. Very tasty.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow... that is amazing. I keep finding tiny beans on the stalks, but they never grow bigger and I haven't gotten any still :( I'm pretty bummed. Now the flowers are starting to fall off the vines like they are not being pollinated, and their are no tiny beans to be seen. I'm working if it was all the heavy rains?!

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The beans just won't quit. We thought we were done, but did another 14 quarts. So we ended up doing a total of 84 quarts. We will still probably have enough for at least one or two more meals. I would have never guessed four 30' rows would produce that many beans. Looks like we'll be eating good this winter.

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
4 30' rows is a lot. Lucky you.
About two weeks after I planted those 4 rows, I considered planting 2 more rows, as I had seed left. I'm actually glad I didn't. We could have had another 40 quarts to deal with.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am way jealous... I picked 6 beans this morning off of 5 vines!!!! :barnie

Something is up... I am NOT getting any beans?! Mad flowers... no beans.... :idunno

Latest posts