Beautiful day!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The high is supposed to be 65 and sunny! :rainbow-sun I'm heading out to the greenhouse to repot my toms and peppers then cleaning up the veggie and the herb garden. Have a beautiful day everyone! :celebrate

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I woke up this morning, I was laying there thinking about all kinds of garden projects- I looked outside to see blowing snow!!! Ugh! I hope you enjoy your beautiful day!

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beautiful day here, too. Sunny, crisp blue sky a lovely blanket of snow, sure it's only 27.5 degrees, but just think how much I'll appreciate when real spring is here, rather than the teasing warm temps we've had all winter! :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter is still happening here. High winds, heavy wet snow.... might be rethinking that thread on defending winter... :)

But the rest of you have a beautiful day anyway!

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Cold (40's) with high winds and sun. I am not going to complain because, no rain. I sat outside all day on Thursday and cleaned beehive ware and soaked in the 70 degree sunshine, then freezing again for a few days and now the cold wind. The next two days is suppose to be sunny and warmer and low wind so I am looking forward to doing things outside. This winter has been so weird! My yard still oozes when walked on because it is so saturated with water. Probably will be begging for that this summer when there will probably be no rain in site. I would love to work up garden before another rain and have topsoil delivered for the new raised bed. I have had layers of leaves and chicken manure mixed with straw in the bed for a couple of months but can't get a truck in with the topsoil. I just find myself staring at my seedlings in the sunroom and dreaming.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking about posting this on Thistle's winter thread. It isn't really worth starting a new one . . . so, here I am littering up Joan's "Beautiful Day!"
:hide

Thistle's "High winds, heavy wet snow" on the 25th was a 6" snow storm here. I just bet she got more than that ;). It is 15F this morning. None of this is terribly noteworthy. A year ago at this time, it was -10F . . . okay, that was unusual :rolleyes:.

It is 9 in Sandpoint so . . . by triangulation . . . I figure it is no more than 12 in Thistle's backyard :p.

Steve :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Steve! Your right on the dot! At 6:30 my thermometer read 12*. We got closer to a foot when it was all over. Looking at a patchy blue sky right now, hoping for a tad more sun. A BIG tad.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Not Spring yet where I live. =/ 46 F today but there's a brisk wind. I'll let you know when my horses start to shed--REALLY shed--when the coat comes off in mats. Also, some frogs made some noise last week, but are now silent.
This weekend I chopped down saplings and pulled, clipped and burned some thistles I couldn't get to earlier. It's all gotta get done, and I don't want to interfere with Spring planting.
This morning the dogs got me up at 5 AM, so I organized seed packages into my holding containers. Every time I clean out spices I save the containers. I also use small mayonnaise jars, clear Ibuprofin jars, and even plastic Parmesian containers. This helps me to decide if I need to buy more seeds, but focuses on WHAT seeds I need. It's REALLY HARD to see all of the seeds out for sale and not come home with some. :th

swampducks

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
REALLY HARD to see all of the seeds out for sale and not come home with some. :th
It surely is!

I've got tons of old seed packs, flowers, veggies, herbs. I keep thinking one of these days I should just till up a spot sprinkle them all in and see what happens. probably just weeds, the packets are anywhere from 5- more than 10 years old. But you never know.

Cloudy here, windy but 35* so far. Ice storm coming tomorrow night. :/

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Can you believe it was almost 80 degrees here today! UGH! I think we're in for another brutal summer! Here is what I got replanted over the weekend. We didn't get finished so I'll be doing it again this weekend.

Happy plants
4898_gardening_012.jpg

4898_gardening_014.jpg

the girls kept wanting to get in the greenhouse:
4898_gardening_010.jpg

Latest posts