Beautiful gardening weather today!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:yaIt was warm and beautiful, so I got quite a bit done today! Turned some cow poop and compost into one of the beds, spent over an hour digging grubs out of another bed with tons of help from the dogs, pulled the weeds out of 2 other beds, and then had to go apply ice and heat to my back. There's just something so satisfying about being outside playing in the dirt. Can't wait to get back at it tomorrow.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do your dogs eat the grubs? We had a beagle who would hover behind me, waiting for me to toss her the grubs I found in the garden. Extra protein? :sick

bgreen415

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got my sprinkler heads back out this weekend and plan to start putting some plants out the first weekend in April. Hope I won't be "jumping the gun".

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got my sprinkler heads back out this weekend and plan to start putting some plants out the first weekend in April. Hope I won't be "jumping the gun".
If you mean cabbage, lettuce and those early type crops, I think you will be fine. I probably need to think about a watering system this year. Last summer it rained so often, I think I only watered the garden one time. I know that sounds strange for an area that is still officially "down" in rainfall.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am jealous! Very jealous! I suppose that someday Spring will arrive- but in the meantime... we are having a beautiful winter, this spring.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, just don't blow your whole stash, lol; you may need some spares to plant later. I planted some tomato plants real early a couple of years ago. The later ones caught up with them, when the weather warmed up. But sometimes it works great!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, Journey, our dogs will eat them, but it put them in a cup and fed them to the chickens. They were very appreciative!

We used to have a little terrier that would sniff out grubs, dig them up, and eat them like they were steak or something. Silly little mutt!