Beefy needs to quit going to Lowes. Like now.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so i went into town today, i try to go only once a week b/c its about a 30 mile drive to and fro. wouldnt you know all the plant people were there putting everything on clearance! they had like 6 of those tall carts full of clearance plants. i caved in about 3 more of those black and blue salvia plants. i also started to get some more japanese holly fern (bought a FLAT of it on clearance last week lol) and some caladiums and double impatiens. but somehow i was able to resist.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We need a section called "confessionals." :lol:

Last time I went shopping, the garden dept. was calling to me, but I was actually very purposeful and didn't even go look. Disaster diverted . . . for now. ;)

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ahh, Beefy! You need to borrow my children. They are very good at redirecting Mom when she is hypnotized by the garden center at Home Depot!

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I avoid the Home Depot and Lowes like the plague this time of year and send my kids into the feed store for me (baby chicks on display). Now, there is this little parking-lot set up from a local nursery in the Sears parking lot that I just CAN'T resist. :he

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think I mentioned it before - it's called Sticky Pot Syndrome. You try to walk by those displays, you may pick up a pot, and suddenly it's stuck to your hand, you can't put it down until you put it in your cart. And so on, and so on :rose

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lowe's clearance is how I landscaped around my greenhouse last year. I got some really good deals on perennials and WOW did they perform well this year.
5679_blanketconeflower.jpg

5679_summergreenhouse.jpg

Although this year the deals aren't as good.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
punkin said:
Lowe's clearance is how I landscaped around my greenhouse last year. I got some really good deals on perennials and WOW did they perform well this year.
I'll say! i'm watching for the echinachea and giallardia to go on clearance. you know, i've gotten several giallardia in the past on clearance and i dont think any of them have lived. of all the things for me not to be able to grow, lol. i have my eye on that new echinachea that is more of any orangey color too. i may go back tomorrow. i have a good reason, its my sisters birthday and she likes japanese holly fern...

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beefy, are you at it again? :D

You're just a regular plant magnet! :)

Blurose, I used to adore the little plant tables in the Sears outdoor area, in L.A.! :)

Latest posts