Bees

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Do Bees count as animals? Anyway after long dry summer , no signs of bees. They finally show up since we got rain last week ! My garden is growing like crazy now !! The color of my plants are glowing and looking healthy again!! Thank you Bees !! :bee:bouquet

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I sure think they do, for the purpose of this thread. Certainly can't garden without them. ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's just amazing what a nice rain will do. We can water our gardens faithfully and keep them alive, but a good rain just makes them leap! which reminds me, I need to water mine this evening. The weathergirl keeps saying it's going to rain, but we get three drops.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I havent seen too many honey bees around this year. Last year we seen a few buzzing around the yard, wish they would make a come back from the blight that took them from us.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
glad your garden is finally taking off for you. I haven't seen any honey bees this year. a few bumble bees. maybe when the drought breaks, they will be back. I hope

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bees are going nuts like they are starving LOL! But I notice theres not very many like I had years before. Also I had not heard once this year on News about African Bees. Last year they were so bad attacking people,. There has not been any reports this year. That tells me drought is really bad.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess those Africanized bees have a worse reputation than they warrant, but the idea of them just scares the p!$$ out of me. Maybe I have watched too much TV. :/

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most beeks have mastered the art of handling African bees by now. They are just a little more short tempered than the Italians and have to be handled more carefully.