berry patch

Suess

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am putting in my walkway today. I started this morning leveling out my ground sunk down about 2-3 inches. I have a start, but a 2 year old isn't much help in the process. Waiting for hubby to get home so I can get back out there. After I have the walk way in, hardware wire in the ground (thank you for the reminder!!!) I hate our gopher(s). We had two, one came up at a bad time and had his head chopped off...DH just happened to be standing there. But something tells me what I thought was a lone gopher left I think has brought a friend.
I have 50 strawberry plants coming. I use to keep 6 and this did a pretty decent job for me alone if I could handle waiting for them to give me more than one at a time. so I am hoping 50 will keep my daughter berried for the summer. As for the other berries, I tried in a different part of the yard to no avail.
The patch will have morning sun, and just as the hot heat of the Southern California afternoon sun comes on, they will have shade provided by two trees, and two fences. In the past my blackberry survived the first year of chickens...then was eaten on top by them its second year and the bottom by....the gopher(s).

Latest posts